Apart from the traditional year end accounting designed to meet the taxation requirements of an entity, we also undertake:
- ongoing management accounting
- cash flow forecasting and budgetin
- pro forma financial statements for special purposes including bank funding
We aim to make our non-statutory financial reporting as simple and user friendly as possible so that the owners can take-away what key pieces of information they need to run their businesses. We aim to implement a “dash board” approach which is a quick and easy way to see key trends such as sales growth, gross margin, working capital and other relevant drivers to a business.
In addition to preparing special purpose financial statements, we are experienced in the preparation of complex large companies, unlisted and listed public companies’ financial statements.
At VFA, we pride ourselves on financial statements that are supporting by in-depth working papers that are easy to follow.
We also provide CFO services to those medium sized businesses who require assistance for their finance team. Our role can vary depending upon the requirements of a client, but typically, it involves working with a client on premises, including mentoring of the client.
We also provide outsourced CFO services to small listed companies. Currently, we act for two listed companies in this sector.
Our taxation services covers compliance and general advisory.
These services include:
- income tax return for all types of entities, including companies and superannuation funds
- Business Activity Statements
- general administration
- payroll tax
- stamp duty
- land tax
Our approach is to integrate the compliance function with the overall accounting function that we perform or assist clients.
Our advisory services are comprehensive and include:
- advice on structing acquisitions or divestments
- general advice for individuals, companies, trusts and superannuation funds
- asset protection
- set-up of corporate structures
- general tax planning
- preparation for retirement
Corporate compliance is often an area which is neglected, but in critical moments, having such documents is vital. Our offering includes:
- minutes for all types of matters, particularly those which are critical to a business
- ASIC lodgements
- listed company secretarial matters
Audit and Assurance
VFA offers a range of statutory audit services for entities ranging from small businesses, through to public companies, overseas subsidiaries and associations.
We also undertake extensive reviews over internal controls and business processes and look to improve in such process.
Consulting and Strategic Advice
We offer a wide range of consulting services including:
- merger and acquisition
- debt and capital
- shareholder agreements and shareholder matters
- business restructures
- analysis of business performance
- mentoring to IPO
- advice on joint ventures and farm-in arrangements
- general advice on listing matters
- assistance with the direction of the business, including product and service offerings
- review of key value drivers
- path to listing
- succession planning
We work with our clients to develop and understanding of the business, its position in the market and other factors which will lead to the long-term success of the business.